Monday, July 08, 2013

a Fan of Fans

Recently we had a week of 100+ weather...which, really, shouldn't be all that surprising seeing that we live in what's meteorologically termed a "semi-arid temperate climate"...emphasize on semi-arid! Until this week, we hadn't had rain for almost 6 weeks!...sounds pretty "semi-arid" to me!
Thanks to Sweetie's willingness to spend money several years ago, we have a wonderful central air-conditioning unit, which keeps our house comfortable.
But...
I am a big fan of Fans!
I like the feel of the air caressing my skin...yes, "caress" is what a fan does!
I like that the air isn't frigid cold but cooler than whatever the current temperature outside happens to be...no matter how many digits are involved!
I like fans that rotate. It's the anticipation factor, I guess.
So, yes, while I am a HUGE fan of central air when it's 105 degrees outside...
I'm still like the retro feeling of a fan blowing cool-ish air on me.
Sweetie bought the first tower fan we had a few years ago. I thought it was a silly purchase...frivolous...not Ma-practical!
 But that first tower fan, and all the ones since, have come with this handy-dandy little gadget. And it turns out that Ma likes the silly, frivolous non-practical joy of clicking the fan on at night with a remote control!
 I like the retro look of this little dandy...and cool fact, this photo was taken while the fan was on! The flash magically stopped the blades from turning!
This gem turns and has three different speeds. If only it made that "whang whang" sound like the old time metal fans did!

No comments: