Friday, July 12, 2013

Kids Books...for big and small

Today, Daughter #4 asked for the name of a book I read to her when she was young.
And that got me thinking about some of my favorite children's books.
I'll just share a couple...
This is the one Daughter #4 was looking for. I'm sure I picked this up at some National Park visitors center on one of my travels with my Aged Mother when I was younger. I soooo wanted to be a National Forest Service Lookout! and I'd still love to own a Fire Lookout tower! I've even seen a cabin designed to look like one! If dreams could come true...
 This is a Golden Book (which are wonderful!) that I had when I was younger (hence the torn off cover!) Busy Timmy has been updated and reprinted but I love the art work of Eloise Wilkin! It's classic.
 I loved reading this book to my kids when they were at that "scared of monsters" age (this book and "Monster Spray" spared me many a sleepless night!) Clyde thinks there's People hiding under his bed and in his closet!

Of course, almost anything by Dr. Suess is terrific! This is my second or third copy of the Sneetches and Other Stories. Our favorite story in this one was The Spooky Pale Green Pants...with Nobody Inside Them!! Green Eggs and Ham, Yertle the Turtle, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish were also favorites.
 
 ...and last, but certainly not least, is The Monster at the End of this Book. We have worn out two copies. My grandkiddies have copies and I have even made a video of me reading it for them...complete with "Grover voice!"
"...oh, I am sooo embarrassed!"
What are your favorites?

No comments: