Friday, October 05, 2012

Wit-TV

If you dig deep enough in TV-land, you CAN find some treasure!
Give me a show with clever, witty dialog...and I'm a happy camper!
I LOVE "Pushing Daisies" which only lasted for two seasons because...well, the dialog was sooo good, you had to watch each episode twice!
"Wonderfalls" was another one that was witty (and just a wee bit risque for my liking!) that didn't last long.
"Eureka", on the SyFy channel was fun for awhile,
and "Psych", another one where you need to listen extra carefully, is good for a laugh.
Currently, Sweetie and I are in love with all 6 seasons of Canada's
It's not flashy...heavens...it takes place in Saskatchewan!
It's about small town folks in Dog River who are...um, quirky and down-right funny! There's a gas station, a cafe and lots of lines to smile and laugh over. 

     Oscar, Brent's father: (to Emma) Your son is turning the gas station into a movie theatre!
     Brent: Bear in mind that Dad has a tendency to overstate things.
     Oscar: I have NEVER overstated a single thing in the history of the planet!

      Karen, the police officer: Do you know how fast you were going back there?
      Stephen: Uh, ninety-seven?
      Karen: Oh, that's a relief, radar gun's workin.

      Fitzy, the mayor: My plan to promote Dog River is working.  An American tourist came here accidentally!

       Witty, giggly, laugh-out-loud fun! That's my kind of TV! Check 'em out at your local video store or Netflix!

No comments: