Monday, April 23, 2012

Holy Compost Batman!

Ahhh...Mother Nature has decided to go all ca---ray---zee on us! We're hitting June highs at the end of April! And if it's warm and green outside, well, that means that there's yard work to be done!
I uncovered my raised garden beds and decided that they needed more soil.
So I toddled off to the garden center and plunked down some cash on this...
    Yes...I paid good hard-earned money for some chicken "compost"! It's a strange world we live in when you pay money for dirt and...well, "compost". I'm rather enjoying substituting "compost" for a not-so-nice other word that sometimes escapes from my lips. Let's try it..."No 'compost' Sherlock!" How about "Oh Compost...I stubbed my toe!" Or this one..."Bull Compost!" (which you CAN buy! It's called "steer manure!")
   Whatever. I spread my chicken poo, um, compost in my garden and then sliced these beauties into pieces...
Oh yes...my mouth can hardly wait! Sweet and creamy Yukon Gold and Norland Red potatoes fresh from the garden! I can hardly wait to pull some little beauties out of the rich loamy soil in my garden beds.
You know what they say..."Compost Happens!"

No comments: