Thursday, April 19, 2012

The New Fridge on The Block

I admit it...I am appliance-phobic! I firmly believe that all the appliances in my house are plotting against me...waiting to break, squeak or go on strike at the worst possible moment. Sweetie, on the other hand, admires our appliances and how they give their all to do our bidding!- like good little electronic servants. 
This morning we bid farewell to the hardest working, and loudest, member of our appliance family!
 This stalwart old fridge hasn't had a smidgen of trouble the whole 27 years we've had it. Yes...that's right! It's a 27 year old appliance! Older than my youngest child!
 Note the "daring" fake brass with black detail on the freezer section door! It was a good 'ol thing but lately it's just been getting louder and louder when it ran. In fact, there were days when I couldn't tell which was louder...the fridge in the kitchen or the extra boomy sub-woofer on the car driving past the house. The poor little bisque thing went bye-bye on the Lowe's truck this morning. Thank you Friend for your decades of ice cubes and cold milk!
 This is the new darling of the house! Our new little baby is sparkly, clean, and sweet smelling! And waaaay more quiet! I can hardly tell if the thing is running or not. It's a bit bigger than the old Kelvinator but it fits in our fridge spot just fine. I "dressed" it...with all our magnets and notes...and filled it. I'm sure the feng shui of the fridge will be adjusted in the coming days, as we figure out what works where.
So, here's to the New Kid!
Let's hope that this sweet little Whirlpool provides us many years of faithful, quiet, chilly service!

No comments: