I am not one to make New Year's resolutions. I think that you should constantly be improving yourself and setting goals...give me a check-list and I'm a happy camper!...not just every January 1st. That being said however, this year I began a self-improvement "course" the first of the year.
I've been thinking about my spiritual self...my testimony...and how I often neglect to "fill it" all the time. I've thought of the parable of the wise virgins whose lamps were filled, and ready, for the coming of the Lord. Those olive oil lamps needed to be filled drop by drop, so I decided to "add oil to my lamp" this year...drop by drop.
In my Faith Journal (where I write down spiritual insights and faith promoting experiences I've had) I am recording a small drop of spiritual oil each day...some spiritual awakening I've had, a goodness done by someone else, a tender mercy from my Heavenly Father, etc. I know that these things occur every day...it's just that I'm usually not paying attention to them!
The Savior interceded on our behalf in the Garden of Gethsemane - Hebrew for "olive press". Like an olive press, the bitter olive of our sin was pressed upon Him and turned into consecrated oil that is sweet...the Atonement.
I hope that, drop by drop, I may be more prepared to receive the sweetness of His love.
February 5, 2025
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment