Who am I to let a good Netflix subscription go to waste?!
I've been streaming and DVDing some pretty good movies lately
and in the spirit of the local (and quite famous) film festival that started this week,
I thought I'd share some with you!
Now, usually, I turn my nose up at the films from this festival...
you know...snooty, "artiste" cinema.
But as it turns out...there have been several Sundance winners that I actually like!
Do you realize that "The Brave Little Toaster" was a winner?
Who knew...right?
Recently I watched "Buck"...a winner from last year. It's a film about Buck Brannaman...an acclaimed "horse whisperer." But wait...this film really isn't about horses...although what he does with them is amazing! It's about people and trust and working to overcome whatever difficulties and obstacles they have in their lives.
Here's a few more "good" films I've enjoyed lately...
New in Town...Renee Zellweger is a fish out of water in Minnesota
The Ultimate Gift...a young man learns how to live life
The Lamp...Just Believe and you can change your life
Stone of Destiny...of course, I love Scottish films (Millions, Dear Frankie) This one's about stealing back the Stone of Scone from Westminster Abbey
So there ya go...a couple of recommendations from Ma's Film Festi-VAL!

No comments:
Post a Comment