Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Into Thin Air

No...this isn't Mount Everest...
(and, seriously, read the book "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer about the disastrous 1996 Everest expeditions...it's fantastic!)

It's not even Mt. Washington in New Hampshire...site of the most wicked weather on earth!

(could be worse...we could be there! It's only 6 degrees colder than here! Snark! Check it out... http://www.mountwashington.org/)

Nope...these chilly scenes are from my own backyard...which prompts me to write...

Dear Summer: Could you please come visit for a few days? I'm tired of the bitter cold your evil sister Winter has brought with her. I promise that I won't complain in July when it's 101 degrees if you'll just give us a little heat and sunshine NOW!... OK...I won't complain MUCH! Brrrrrrr!

3 comments:

Erin said...

It was a crazy sight while I was chasing my empty garbage cans down the street in my pajamas today. HA HA! SO SO COLD! I'll send another letter to summer.

Thomas D. said...

Nice pics. I love winter, but by the time February comes around, I'm ready for summer. Bring it on!

Megan D. said...

Beautiful pictures! But you are right I'll be sending the summer some mail as well.