Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The fine art of Junque

So while the wind is roarin' and my little home is creaking and groaning...and I'm suffering from severe anxiety waiting for the roof to fly off, the windows to implode and all the trees in my yard to come crashing down on me and my house...
I escaped!
Daughter #2 and I went to a consignment shop that we saw on a local TV show this week. Now this isn't a junk shop...and it's not really a second-hand store...it's a Junque (pronounced Jun-kay!) shop! Stuff you can buy as is PLUS stuff you can buy and make into some shabby chic wonder! Fun, funky stuff! It's not so cluttered that you feel like you need work gloves, a dust mask and hand sanitizer to look around. I've been to a local salvage yard that is cool but oh so creepy to walk around..."goat paths" everywhere! ("goat paths" are what psychologists call those pathways in homes that you see on "Hoarders"!)
No...this place has just the right amount of disarray so that you feel like you are treasure hunting! But not so much that you feel like you might be buried under an avalanche of stuff. That's what makes a great Junque shop!
and we're definitely going back!
check out their website: http://www.abodepfm.com/fr_abode.cfm

2 comments:

Megan D. said...

This place was so much fun! I'm so glad we visited!

Erin said...

And I might have to come with you now that I'm broke!! :)