![]() |
| sweet potato fries and hushpuppies! |
There's a part of me that's definitely from the South. Yes...the South with a capital "S".
I enjoy the "y'all" and "all y'all" of it.
I love Waffle House and being called "hon."
I love beignets and hush puppies and sweet potatoes.
(however I do NOT get grits!...tastes like cream of wheat cereal to me!)
I like Spanish Moss and armadillos and magnolias.
I love pecans. I love cornbread and BBQ and buttermilk biscuits with gravy.
I even like to eat alligator!
And now, thanks to Son #1 and Sweetheart #1
(who KNOW the South thanks to living there and being born there!)
I even know how to do a Southern insult.
See...all these years I've thought those genteel Southern Belles were being sweet when they said,
"Well, bless her/your/his heart!"
Turns out that's Southern Fried code for
"YOU are an idiot, but I'm too nice to say it!"
I'm sure I'll be using that Southernism soon!

1 comment:
ha ha ha :) i'm going to use that one too!
Post a Comment