Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mr. Sandman


how I long to lounge in the arms of Morpheus...and NO...I am not talking Laurence Fishburne's character in The Matrix!
I'm talking sleep...repose...40 winks...slumber...nighty-night time...a few z's...shut eye!
My silly, silly brain has been waking me on a regular basis (and an hourly one at that! It's just down-right ridiculous that my brain is soooo orderly!) with brainiac lists of to-dos and don't-forgets and repetitive songs (last night's was "I Have Work Enough to Do!"...ironic, huh?!)
I really, really, really DON'T want to take a little pill, with a bunch of z-producing chemicals inside, to fall back asleep (I GO to sleep fine...it's just staying "in bounds" during the wee hours of the morning that's the problem!)
I'm thinking my little gray cells are behaving like a contrary two-year-old that doesn't want to take a nap.
So, my solution? Why, I simply tell my brain to "ssshhhh!"...over...and over...and over again!
Maybe I need a blankie! 

No comments: