Monday, December 12, 2011

Over the ground lies a mantle of dust...or what I've been doing this December!

The Monday after Thanksgiving we started on a household job.
We started to "do" our bathroom!
Call it what you may...renovation, remodel, repair...gut job!
Whatever you want to call it...it has upset my laundry!
As you can see my "lavandarium" is a wee bit crowded! I need a Home Depot guy to guide me through it!
What with the tool pile and the water being turned on and off for plumbing, I've discovered a whole new civilization.
The civilization of...The Laundromat!
Yes...laundromats have just a little bit of that "serial killer in the basement" quality about them.
But most of the people that I've seen there are pretty nice.
The creepiest part seems to be the bits of left-over laundry that's strewn around...socks between the washers or on the floor, and little pieces of lone, forgotten, colored "somethings" on the folding tables that I seriously don't even want to touch!
But, all in all, I've enjoyed my time in the Land of the Laundromat...I load up 4 machines, plop in my quarters and 20 minutes later I'm on my way home...
using a machete to hack my way to the dryer!

No comments: