This has been a strange Christmas season so far.
Usually I LOVE putting up the Christmas tree and my house full of decorations. OK...maybe I don't love the actual process (i.e. Hard Work) of getting everything hauled out of storage, located in the right spot, and then hauling the boxes back into storage.
But I love the results!
This year, however, I have been less than enthusiastic about the whole thing.
I could blame it on the fact that my house has had a revolving door for the past several weeks...with various Kiddies coming and going and sleeping and eating. I could blame it on the fact that I've got a lot of Christmases under my belt and I'm in need of something different this year. But I think I'll blame it on the bathroom remodel that's going on...my house is turned slightly upside down and there is dust everywhere. OK...there's usually dust everywhere whether we're ripping walls down or not...but seriously, do YOU want to lift up a bunch of Christmas do-dahs to dust under? Not me!
My Christmas Malaise reached its peak on Friday night. Every year since it began, Sweetie and I have gone to the local light parade (click here) and loved it! So Friday night we hauled our chairs and our mittens and our blankets to Main Street and watched...nothing! The parade was canceled! Yes, I know we had a big nasty storm and power was out until that afternoon and the city wanted to use their resources to help out storm "victims" instead of block streets for tractors with twinkle lights on 'em...but the Light Parade? Canceled?! Christmas Time is just not worth celebrating now!
So I ask you, Gentle Readers...what Noel-y, Yuletide-y, Ho-Ho-Ho-ish things can I do to bring back my Christmas Cheer?

No comments:
Post a Comment