It's the end of an era at our place. Years ago...so many years I hate to admit when!...I was joking around with salad dressing. Now normally I don't joke about creamy food condiments (you don't mess around with mayo!) but this one time I thought it would be hilarious to put "999" Island dressing instead of Thousand Island (who counts those islands anyway? is there some job at the dressing factory that involves tiny atolls and a CPA?) Well, the tradition continued as we've counted down the dressing bottles.
This week we finished bottle "994 Island" dressing and since it's only Sweetie and Ma at home...and neither one of us is particularly fond of this dressing...there will be NO "993 Island" dressing. I know...you're disappointed. Cry with me.
So not only have we come to the last bottle of salad dressing, but we've had another "little birdy" fly the coop! Son #2 and Daughter-in-Law #1-and-only got a job in Texas and moved...all in one week.
I know that children are supposed to leave the nest, but most of our kiddies have stayed pretty close to home (Daughter and Son-in-Law #3s live within a few hours drive time...Son #1 migrates from coast to coast) I LOVE having my kids around for family parties, dinners and fun times, so it's sad to see them moving away.
I know...I know...they're all adults and need to get on with their lives.
See...I'm crying again!
I guess I could look at it this way...Texas BBQ!
ROAD TRIP!
No comments:
Post a Comment