Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh-La-La!

For a special treat for our anniversary, I thought I'd make a new dessert...so I made Coeur a la Creme. Oh my! Words cannot begin to describe this deliciousness! Bless the French for putting cream and sugar together!

I whipped it up yesterday (it needs to chill overnight) and after I put it in the fridge I thought "That would make a good blog post...I shoulda taken pictures!" Great minds think too late!...so you'll have to do with this shot!...which, really...does NOT do it justice!
It's heavenly and creamy and yummy and why have I never discovered this until NOW?!

It's really pretty simple to make. This recipe made a big "coeur" although it wasn't in "heart" shape like those fancy schmancy molds. I've got so much of this luscious creamy dessert that I'm taking some to Grandson #1's Tball game tonight to share with Daughter #1 and her family and whoever else wants to grab a spoon.

I'm probably going to make it again in August for my book club...now don't you wish you were my friend?...talking books and eating cream! I'll pair it with some fresh raspberries as well as the raspberry sauce...oh my...my mouth is already watering!

Of course, since I've dished some up for the photo I CAN'T let it go to waste! Looks like somebody's gonna have to eat it...oh the things I do for this blog!

Coeur a la Creme with raspberry sauce
12 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/4 up confectioner's sugar
2 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Mix the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl (with a paddle attachment if you have it) and beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Scrape it down and change to the whisk attachment. With the mixer on low speed, add the heavy cream, vanilla and lemon zest and beat on high speed until the mixture is very thick, like whipped cream.
Line a 7" sieve (or colander or fancy schmancy heart-shaped mold with holes in the bottom that you bought at Sur la Table for $20!) with moistened cheesecloth or paper towels so the ends drape over the sides. Add the cream mixture and fold the ends of the cloth over the top. Suspend the sieve over a bowl making sure there is space between the bottom of the sieve and the bowl...liquid will drain out of your "coeur" (now THAT just sounds wrong!) Chill at least 8 hours or overnight. Discard the liquid, unmold the cream onto a plate and serve with raspberry sauce.
Raspberry Sauce
10 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
3 Tablespoons sugar
Puree the raspberries and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Press through a sieve to remove seeds. Cover and chill up to 4 hours.

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

Oh that looks soooooooooo good. I want some. I love your blog background p.s.