I have a flower bed that has been invaded by "aliens"...commonly known in the flower world as "volunteers". We once had a neighbor that lived to the south of us that had the great idea of planting Sweet Peas along the edge of her lawn. Problem is...this neighbor wasn't a "yard person"...they didn't water, they didn't weed.
So, these Sweet Peas "volunteered" alright! They volunteered to leave their home garden and cross the border to grow in a yard of bounty...one where they were watered and fertilized
Now, I actually don't mind the Sweet Peas...they make my yard look green and lush...and they have a lovely little blossom on them.
But these little puppies had to travel quite a ways (horticulturally speaking) to get to my yard. They traveled a good 10 to 12 feet to get to the land of H2O...across a driveway and through a fence...quite a feat for those little pea seeds!
tenacity AND beauty!
I think I'll make them legal garden residents!
No comments:
Post a Comment