Saturday, January 08, 2011

My love affair with long under"ware"

Yes...it's winter! I know this because we are in the middle of an extremely yucky, cold inversion. (bless these bowl shaped mountain valleys!) We usually have these yuck-versions several times during the winter. However this year they've also been accompanied by cold-cold temperatures! When Son #1 and his gal-Sweetheart #1- came for a visit over Thanksgiving, they about froze their poor little Southern tails off! Sweetheart#1 is from Florida and put on so many layers to stay warm that she "couldn't put her arms down!" (see the movie "A Christmas Story" if you don't recognize the line!) This cold snap has carried over into the new year...our highs have been where our lows normally are!...and the natural gas companies are getting rich because the furnace is on so much. Being the thrifty, conservative, i.e., "cheapskate", that I am...I keep the heat down way low during the day. And I've taken to wearing my trusty long underwear! No...I don't have a red union suit like the one above...although I would LOVE a pair...if I could figure out the whole "bathroom equation" thing! I have some wonderful, light stuff that works like a charm! It's amazing that something so thin can keep me so toasty warm! Of course, this doesn't help Sweetie one bit...my philosophy is "You can also put on a sweater"...and his is "Crank up the heat!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

I should wear mine around the house too. Dave wants to keep the temp at 62 in the evening...yikes!!