I LOVE this dish! It's so simple to make and the taste is brilliant!
Start with these goodies...
(and by the way, which do you prefer...the words describing the picture above it or in a caption below it?...I always get confused reading other blogs as to which description belongs to which photo!...ummm, we'll go with Above this time!)...so, here are the ingredients-
Start the rice a-cookin'! Here's my sweet beloved rice cooker. Isn't it cute? I try to avoid small "gadgets" in the kitchen but I love, Love, LOVE this little guy! Look how cute he is in all his squatty red-ness!
Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces and dredge in the flour/salt/pepper mix. Melt the butter in a saute pan and cook the chicken until browned and non-salmonella-ed.
Meanwhile...zest one of the lemons.
Someday I'll get one of those raspy graters that Ms. Stewart has but until then...I use my ever-faithful zester!
Juice both lemons and add enough water to make 2/3 cup. I'm usually a cook that's pretty OK with using canned, bottled...ummm...easy stuff in the kitchen. But trust me...this is one recipe when you want to use REAL FRESH lemons...not the gacky bottled stuff.
Add the zest, lemon pepper and juice to the pan with the chicken and let it bubble away until it's reduced...to whatever thickness you like!
Serve this delicious lemony, buttery chicken over rice and throw something nice and green on the plate!
Nirvana!
Lemon Chicken2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized pieces
1/3 cup butter (you could try olive oil but it wouldn't taste as yummy!)
2 lemons...one zested and both of them juiced (add water to make 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup flour with 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper added
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
Melt the butter in a saute pan. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour/salt/pepper mix and add to pan. Saute until browned and cooked through.
Add the zest of one lemon, the lemon pepper and the 2/3 cup juice/water mix to the pan.
Cook until the sauce has reduced to desired thickness.
Serve over rice.
1 comment:
Mmm...looks yummy! You know, I do live just down the street from you... ;)
Post a Comment