Friday, October 23, 2009

Well, I Never...

You know that "parlor" game you play at parties? The one where everyone sits around with a handful of peanuts/m&ms/beans/whatever and says something that they HAVEN'T done. Everyone else who HAS done it has to put one of their tokens in a bowl. The winner is the person who has the most legumes/chocolate whatevers left in their hand...and they are, apparently, the most boring person in the room! I have a couple of "I Nevers" that I keep in my hip pocket-just in case I'm ever in a party game emergency- I NEVER have broken a bone! That's not to say that I haven't had surgeries...I have a few scars on various body parts...but no broken bones! Same with Sweetie. However, Son #1 and Son #2 have both broken their clavicles...I WIN! I NEVER have water skied! Now I know that this immediately puts me in the "dork" category with a lot of you...and it will be even worse when I admit that- I have NO desire to EVER water ski! I like my feet on solid ground (I don't like roller or ice skating or skiing for that matter...though I have tried all three!) There's something about being dragged around behind a power boat, while hanging on a rope and standing on a board with 50 feet or more of water underneath you that does not make me all smiley-happy! I NEVER have slept in a hammock! I know...you see those old Gilligan's Island reruns and they look so nice and comfy laying there rocking away. But a) I've never really had the opportunity and b) the reality of it says that knotted net between two trees would not be conducive to a "stork sleeper" like me...one leg bent, one leg straight, arm stuck out to the side! Weird! I know! and finally...I NEVER have gotten a parking ticket! This is the one that really makes people groan and roll their eyes! One speeding ticket, yes...but no parking ones! So do I win the most boring person in the room contest?!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Let's see...I'm with you on never having water skied. I have never been snow skiing. I don't plan to ever do either of those. :) I have never been to CA, therefore, I have never been to Disneyland. I think it'd be a pretty good contest on the NEVERS between you and me.