Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Learning from STS!*

I believe that I have set the world's record for STS...*Stuck Tune Syndrome! I have had the same song going over...and over...and over...and over in my head for nearly 4 years! That's FOUR years, people! I'm really not complaining because it's not a bad song (I know you're dying to know what it is...but you'll just have to be patient) and it's not constantly playing in my head (it tends to alternate with the tune from Tetris!). I like the words and the tune so it's not completely maddening. Well, the other day I finally got an "AHA" moment...you know, when something finally dawns on you or when you gain greater insight. Suddenly the song became a "life motto". Now, Sweetie knows the song because he has to listen to me hum/sing it every time I'm in the shower, or scrubbing the floor or inhaling or exhaling! And I suppose you've waited long enough...the song is "Good King Wenceslas"...yes, I know...a Christmas carol. But hey, I like the song - it's about a Good King (that would be good 'ol Wency!) and his page out in the snow on St. Stephen's day (that would be December 26th) helping a "poor man". I particularly like the last part: "In his master's steps he trod, where the snow lay dinted; Heat was in the very sod which the saint had printed. Therefore, Christian men, be sure, wealth or rank possessing, Ye who now will bless the poor, shall yourselves find blessing." So what was my "AHA" insight, my sudden comprehension, my "why didn't this dawn on me before" moment?
What kind of footprints are you leaving for those who follow?

No comments: