...then I'm fast and easy!This is one of my favorite quick dinners...BLT Salad! Perfect for hot summer evenings, especially when I'm getting home from being the Den Leader to a herd of Cub Scouts!Here are the ingredients.....3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup milk, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (I use a little less) 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste. Mix this together to make your dressing.Fry up and dice a pound of bacon. (I spent toomany years frying bacon...sizzlean actually...and cleaning up grease, so I spend the extra $$$ and buy pre-cooked now). Chop up 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes (this is delicious when they're home-grown from the garden!) and add 2 cups of seasoned croutons...yes, the kind you put in your salad.Chop up a head of Romaine lettuce...I LOVE
Romaine lettuce...it lasts so much longer in the fridge than iceberg-it doesn't wilt and get all "rusty"-and somehow, it feels so much healthier!
Pour on the dressing, mix it all together and you've got a delicious dinner!
How does a little 'ol mama go from growing up on TV dinners to publishing a blog on the internet? In the old days, you'd stand over the backyard fence and talk about the adventures of your life. Now, I'm writing electrons on a screen for everyone to see. Ah well, the adventure of life is still the same. My adventure deals with my sweetheart, our elderly parents, our pack of kids and their spouses and grandchildren. I'm sure it will be a thrilling ride!
3 comments:
Yum-o! I'll have to try it.
Made the salad last night. It was good. Ethan even ate all of the lettuce!
Looks yummy, you need to make a cookbook! Hum, I may need to request this from you for christmas, Your favorite recipes!
Post a Comment