There are some things in life that are simply beyond explanation..
Take for example...
Dang...if I don't love this store! But why? Admit it...it's not the highest quality merchandise, yet invariably I find myself walking around the store (in a complete "time doesn't seem to exist" daze and somehow wanting to speak Swedish and be all Euro-chic!) and saying..."That's sooo cool...what could I do with it? Gotta have it!" I spent a good portion of the morning yesterday with Daughter #2 doing the IKEA Chant..."I NEED that!" Of course, we also enjoyed some yummy meatballs with Lingonberry sauce and drinking Lingonberry juice! Why? I haven't a clue!!!
And then there's...
Ice Road Truckers is in it's third season and I've watched Every Single One. Why? I have absolutely NO Explanation...but I LOVE this show. (I always joke that it's "easy to dance to" because they blip out so many "trucker words"!) I'm not particularly fond of semis...can't stand them on the road...but I certainly have a new-found respect for them. And I gotta admit...there's something thrilling about seeing a truck hauling over 46,000 pounds of equipment slip-sliding on the snow-covered Atigun Pass in Alaska (one truck started sliding BACKWARDS!!) or driving over frozen Arctic lakes and seeing...and I am NOT making this up!...seeing the ice dip, bend and crack as they go by. Honestly...my love of this show is a head scratcher!
Can't explain it...it's just one of the mysteries of life!
1 comment:
I think we better go back to IKEA to see if we can find an explanation for loving it so much. I think that is the only option. You are on your own with the trucker show. :) Thanks again!
Post a Comment