Friday, May 01, 2009

...and still we blog!

I enjoy reading blogs! Some of my family and friends have blogs (and some even WRITE things on them!) and I love reading about the things they are doing and what they are passionate about...at the current moment in time. I enjoy other "not personally affiliated with" blogs too. I am amazed at the creativity and talent of so many bloggers...I LOVE http://thepioneerwoman.com/ I want to be her friend! Just a sidenote...I have a request for help here...how do you find blogs? Especially your friends and family...is there a good search engine for blogs somewhere? I've tried Google Blog search but it makes me frustrated. You Blog-Stalkers out there...if you're reading this...just how do you find your "victims"?! Now back to the topic...honestly...why do most of us blog? Do we really think we are "all that" and that millions of people really WANT to read what we put down in pixelated form? Are we soooo clever with backgrounds, words and pictures that if we all had counters on our blogs they would be zinging along at lightning speed to count all of the hits? To tell you the truth...there's a big part of me that posts thoughts and pictures so I can get comments AKA "good jobs-atta boys-pats on the back" about how truly fabulous I am!...No, really...I AM that fabulous! Why...I'm practically Queen of the Cosmos fabulous! Now tell the truth...isn't there a part of you that blogs for the same reason?! I mean seriously...doesn't most of this stuff just sound like...blah, blah, blah, yadda, yadda, yadda...to some people? Especially guys! (who really are remedial communicators at best!...oh, come on! stop groaning...you know it's true!) But does that stop us? NO! I say...NO!! Just like "journaling" (writing thoughts, feelings, events down on paper with a pen!...a novel idea these days!) is cathartic...so is blogging! It may not help YOU...but I feel so much better now!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I agree. I do post for uplifting comments. But the main reason I do mine is to log my family's life. I'm going to have mine printed into a book one day. I'm not sure about blog stalking. I connect from other people's blogs. Bevany is DEFINITELY the one to talk to about this.

Terry Bytheway said...

I use google reader. If you blogs are not private most have rss feeds. Once you subcribe to them on google reader it suggests others based on the content of the ones you have. I have found many blogs that I continue to subsribe to this way. It may sound technical, but it's quite simple.