
So, as you recall, last weekend I was at a family reunion on a gorgeous ranch. Being the early riser that I am -no matter what time I go to bed, my eyelids flip open at 6:15 a.m.!- I was up before most of the rest of the family...all 68 of them! I went outside to get some shots of the horses in the pasture that was right outside our bathroom window! Gorgeous! The sweet little buckskin horse (buckskin...tan horse with black mane, palomino...tan horse with blonde mane) had quite an itch and was rubbing his chin and neck all over the fence post. Which got me counting my blessings! I am SO glad that I have hands and thumbs. Gobbling food directly into my mouth wouldn't be so bad...but when you've got an itch? Well, there's nothing that feels as good as fingernails scratching away! And if you think handless, fingerless horses have it bad...pity the poor bird population - they have to clean junior's mess out of the nest with their mouths! Ewwwww!
2 comments:
I have been SO thankful for fingernails these past three weeks. :)
So does this mean you will awake this early in Heber? Don't wake me up at 6:15 ok! Sounds like you guys had fun!
Post a Comment