Being the "tightly wound" person that I am...I admit to having a few automotive peeves when it comes to driving. OK...more than a few! Let me share...
1...You DO NOT cross a solid white line when you're speeding down the freeway. Solid white lines mean "do not cross". So when you're zooming through a construction site or a school zone, think...there's a reason why there's a solid white line there. Stay put! Wait for the dashes...they WILL come! And speaking of solid white lines...
2...Don't even get me started about the HOV lane! It has TWO solid white lines...which means don't go wandering in and out of the car pool lane at will! Plus there are BIG signs with HUGE lettering that says "Do not cross double white line"...Learn to read!
3...I know we live in a state that believes in "revelation" but seriously...no one can really read your mind. We don't know if you're turning right, changing lanes and pulling into that parking spot. Use your turn signal! Obey Mom's Rule #43!
4...Remember "white on the right". When you're driving down the road there should be a white line on your right (especially handy info when it's foggy!) and a yellow line on your left. If you've got a yellow one on your right...start screaming because you are going the wrong way!
And finally...
5...Yes, we all know that Brigham Young designed the streets to be wide enough to turn an ox wagon around in...but you are not driving an ox wagon. You are driving a vehicle, so please, Please, PLEASE turn into your corresponding lane and DO NOT turn wide taking up all three lanes for a right hand turn! Remember...you can always use your turn signal to move into the next lane!
My theory is that we should all be equipped with paintball guns so we can "tag" cars that don't obey the rules! Then we would know them so much better by their "coloring".
There...I feel so much better!
2 comments:
You are so funny! There are things you listed that make me a bit angery too!
I hear ya! The HOV lane drives us CRAZY! And I hate the turn signal thing especially in a parking lot.
Post a Comment