Do you believe in genetic memory? Does the hair stand up on the back of our neck because some ancient ancestor of ours was once chased by a lion? Do we owe our talents and abilities and characteristics to the ancient lands where our ancestors immigrated from? I've been thinking lately how much I love the written and spoken word (just ask my sweetie who patiently listens to me "yadda yadda yadda" all day long!) My favorite humor is a pun...which is all about words. I write a weekly email to my family (in which, I must admit, I am most clever!) and have even been known to post an occasional blog entry. I love to read a book with good and clever writing and love the sound of a good reader reading out loud. Does this love of words and speech live in me because my ancestors are the McCarthy's...rightful heirs to the Blarney Castle in County Cork, Ireland? Cormac McCarthy verbally danced around his admission of allegiance to Queen Elizabeth R until she finally said that his "fair words and soft speech" were Blarney...pleasant talk intended to deceive or mislead without offending. Ahh....tis not designed to deceive but merely to hear the gentle lilt of words slip off the tongue.
No comments:
Post a Comment