
For the past week I have been "doing battle" with my newspaper carrier. I admit it...I'm still a member of the "paper generation" - I enjoy getting my daily newspaper and reading it each morning. However, this past week I either have a new carrier or a substitute who doesn't get it. My past carrier (or the one who's on vacation this week - curse him!) was a gem. He delivered it on time (usually between 4 and 5 a.m!) and put it on the porch where I've requested that it be delivered. This new/substitute one was obviously thinking about singing bunnies and dancing squirrels when the manager told her that the paper is supposed to be delivered by 6 a.m. and where the customer requests it (I know it's a "her" because I'm awake and doing yard work when the paper is finally delivered!) This past week my paper has been delivered to the sidewalk in front of my house (not even on the driveway!) and shows up at 7:45. So the circulation department has had many telephone chats with a certain unhappy customer (that would be me!) OK...now I realize this makes me sound like that old neighbor lady from your childhood who screamed at all the kids to keep off of her lawn - and maybe that is who I have become. Yes...perhaps I should embrace my witchiness and just tell everyone to deal with it! What does it take to keep this neighborhood mean queen in check? Just deliver my paper on time and in the right place!
1 comment:
It's the little things that make all the difference. :) I hope the newspaper girl gets it together soon. :) Thank you for your nice words on our blog. You are the best!
Post a Comment