Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta is great for burgers, personal pizzas, and pasta. Look for coupons in the Happenings book.
Barbacoa has the best burritos in the state. I like Cafe Rio's as well but I feel they are slightly over-rated.
The Red Iguana is the most authentic Mexican joint in Utah I have tried to date. The steak tacos are good, as well as the mole poblano (watch out if you've never tried mole before, it's not for everyone)
My new favorite thing to do is cook in the crock pot! I found a recipe that is so easy and very tasty! get some chicken breasts and put in however many will fit and dump salsa in to kind of cover the chicken, cook it on low for like 8 hours...or high for 5 (see your manual) and then when the chicken is cooked take two forks and shred the chicken and then add sour cream to the concoction. It is great with chips or inside a tortilla! :)
If you want some good food and you happen to be in Logan...try Cafe Sabor. It's good Mexican food. It's located in the old train station, west of downtown. Yummy!
The most excellent Italian food ever, except maybe in the country itself would be Bruno's. Its this amazing little restaurant in, get this, a Chevron gas station! This authentic Italian family all work there and their food is astounding!
Carr and I went out on a "hot date" last night and had pizza margherita...the closest one to true Italy yet! It's a new pizza place on 2nd west (across the street from PF Chang's and just north of Buca di Beppo) called Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana. It's all in the sauce!
How does a little 'ol mama go from growing up on TV dinners to publishing a blog on the internet? In the old days, you'd stand over the backyard fence and talk about the adventures of your life. Now, I'm writing electrons on a screen for everyone to see. Ah well, the adventure of life is still the same. My adventure deals with my sweetheart, our elderly parents, our pack of kids and their spouses and grandchildren. I'm sure it will be a thrilling ride!
6 comments:
For an excellent gyro, try Greek Souvlaki.
Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta is great for burgers, personal pizzas, and pasta. Look for coupons in the Happenings book.
Barbacoa has the best burritos in the state. I like Cafe Rio's as well but I feel they are slightly over-rated.
The Red Iguana is the most authentic Mexican joint in Utah I have tried to date. The steak tacos are good, as well as the mole poblano (watch out if you've never tried mole before, it's not for everyone)
My new favorite thing to do is cook in the crock pot! I found a recipe that is so easy and very tasty!
get some chicken breasts and put in however many will fit and dump salsa in to kind of cover the chicken, cook it on low for like 8 hours...or high for 5 (see your manual) and then when the chicken is cooked take two forks and shred the chicken and then add sour cream to the concoction. It is great with chips or inside a tortilla! :)
Chuck-a-rama BABY!
If you want some good food and you happen to be in Logan...try Cafe Sabor. It's good Mexican food. It's located in the old train station, west of downtown. Yummy!
The most excellent Italian food ever, except maybe in the country itself would be Bruno's. Its this amazing little restaurant in, get this, a Chevron gas station! This authentic Italian family all work there and their food is astounding!
Carr and I went out on a "hot date" last night and had pizza margherita...the closest one to true Italy yet! It's a new pizza place on 2nd west (across the street from PF Chang's and just north of Buca di Beppo) called Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana. It's all in the sauce!
Post a Comment