We are almost half way through our annual "leaf bagging" extravaganza!
Living in a house with 10 HUGE mature trees (plus others in surrounding, wind-prone yards!) means that we have lots and lots and lots of leaves to rake and bag.
Over the years we've developed a system...I use the leaf blower to blow them into several ginormous piles.
Yes...these piles generally turn into something out of a Charlie Brown TV special or a Norman Rockwell painting. And yes...my children and grandchildren have jumped, plopped and waded through the piles over the years!
Being the geeks that we are, Sweetie and I usually keep a "bag o'leaves" count. Usually it's between 25 to 40 bags. So far this year, with about 4 more trees full of leaves to come down, we're at 14!
These are the days when I wished we lived in Camelot - where the leaves "blow themselves into neat little piles and then...whfff!...blow away completely...at night...of course!"
No comments:
Post a Comment