I was doing some shopping at Tar-get yesterday
(wedding gift shopping...Christmas shopping is done, finished, complete! Yes...you may be jealous!)
I was standing in the check-out line behind a very nice older couple.
Nicely dressed, kind and considerate...the kind of couple who have probably been a very nice Senior Missionary duo.
I'm sure they drive a nice car, have a beautiful home that is clean and cozy and sophisticated without being cold and heartless.
You know the kind of people.
They had a big Christmas box they were buying.
And since I didn't have anything else to do
(I WAS just standing in line!)
I was curious what was in the box. One side had the following words printed on it:
"Tinsel Pig"
hmmm...was that some kind of storage unit for Christmas tinsel?
Luckily the clerk had to move the box this way and that to find the UPC code and then I saw it...
I saw the front of the box.
No Christmas storage unit this...it was a tinsel-y lighted pig...
fit for decorating your holiday home.
This made me totally rethink my assumptions about the very nice older couple.
Maybe, just maybe, they had Beanie Babies and creepy Teddy Bears lined up all over their beds and couches and chairs. Maybe they collected dancing hula girls and bobble heads from every state they've ever been in.
I mean who would buy a pig for Christmas?
Although, somebody MUST buy them because Tar-get is selling them!
I guess I've learned my lesson...appearances can be deceiving...
or maybe I just never knew that nothing says Christmas like a pink pig in a Santa hat!


No comments:
Post a Comment