I was watching a show recently, with a panel discussion, and a question was asked about things you don't admit to. There were a couple of people on the panel that admitted that they don't recycle! They don't think it's worth it.
Wow! I mean...WOW! Isn't that un-American? Isn't that, like, worthy of being slapped in the face by a Blue Whale?
But then I thought, how many things do I say "Yeah, I do that...yeah, I like that" when, really, seriously...I DO NOT!
Which brings us to this post.
It's about one of my deep, dark secrets.
I'm going to admit something.
I...Don't...Like...S'mores!
You know...those gooey, chocolate-never-melted, campfire traditions.
I don't like 'em.
Graham crackers are OK. Marshmallow is OK...and certainly, chocolate is OK. But S'mores for me...just don't work.
It might be something about the chocolate-to-marshmallow-to-graham cracker ratio. It definitely has something to do with the chocolate being not melted enough. I've tried making them in the microwave to get a better chocolate melt...but still, No...don't like 'em. I'm just not a fan.
I feel like a Benedict Arnold...like a traitor to the camping world. I know people will look at me out of the corners of their eyes with disbelief. Mothers probably will hide their children when I walk by. Villagers will run for their pitchforks and ropes.
But I'm going to stand tall and say No'more to S'mores!

1 comment:
Ha ha ha! I feel the exact same way. You are not alone in the hating smores world. :)
Post a Comment