Friday, May 24, 2013

Adventures in Red Neck Country

Sweetie and I started off the Memorial Day weekend by traveling to a third-world county in our state. Yes...COUNTY!
 Apologies to you who may live there, but things REALLY ARE different there!
Let me give you a few examples...
1) It's the only cemetery I know of that has a speedboat shaped headstone!...and you will always find some cans of beer left for "the dearly departed!"
2) A guy was taking a hike down the sidewalk...with his goat!...which had a backpack on!
3) We didn't get the text...but there must have been a Zombie Alert! Orange cone at the cemetery! (if you haven't played Plants vs Zombies yet...you must! That's where Mr. Conehead Zombie is from!) 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and finally...
4) Would I like to know the story behind this one!! When we stopped for gas, there was a pickup truck and trailer next to us. Mr. Bubba came out of the store, with his tank top on (and really, there should be a law...if you're over a certain age and/or weight you should not be allowed to wear a tank top! Mr. Bubba broke this rule!) So Mr. Bubba comes out carrying two 12-packs of his favorite B-named beer, gets in the truck and pulls away...and on the trailer? His 4-wheeler...which I totally "get!"...AND...his riding lawn mower!
What the heck is THAT all about?
Whew! I'm glad to get back to "Normal-ville" where the only thing crazy is US!

No comments: