Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Jolly Fat Man

I can't remember when I began collecting Santa Clauses
(Santa Clausum? Santa Clausii?) 
No...seriously...I can't remember!
This is one of those times when hind-sight kicks you in the butt!
I wish I had put dates on the Santas when I got them...but I didn't, so there ya go. I have 34 as of this year, but that doesn't mean anything because there have been some years when I've gotten more than one...and others when, I'm sure, I didn't realize that I was starting a tradition and I didn't get any.
 This creepy red fellow was near the beginning. He's actually a 2nd grade art project by Son #1.
 Some of my Santas are round and jolly.
 Some are tall and red.
 Some are quirky (Mr. Corrugated Tin Santa!)
 And some Santas make me smile! Mickey Santa is new this year...and Grandsons #1-3 LOVE the Lego Santa!
But tall or small, skinny or fat, all my Santas prove that I Believe!
I Believe in the Spirit of Santa...a loving, caring, happy person who watches over us and blesses us...even though we may be naughty. Sounds like someone else we celebrate this time of year, doesn't it?

No comments: