Thursday, May 17, 2012

Random MA-ness

Since May is nearly half over...and I've only written ONCE on this blog all month...and I do not...repeat DO NOT want to be like certain other bloggers I know who have apparently given up on updating their blogs...
leading me to a sad and sorry state
because I miss reading what they've been doing in their lives...
so after all that...I'm posting some random bits of Ma-ness!
Just so I can say "Why, yes...I post on my blog!"
Here ya go...
 I have been driving around all week with three large bags of bark mulch in my trunk. (the Why for the carpooling mulch is because I was delivering it to my mother's house today...and happened to be at the Home Improvement Superstore earlier this week!) I love the smell...and look...of fresh cedar mulch! (of course, by the end of the summer, it has all faded out and doesn't look or smell as nice as spring-time mulch!) My car has smelled wonderful all week long! I'm thinking maybe I ought to haul around a bag all the time...kind of like a super-sized air freshener!
I love me some croissants! Never had the nerve to home-make them - I'm more than willing to let some baker roll and spread butter multiple times, just so I can buy them and eat them. I love them plain. I love them slathered with yummy European butter and cheese. I love them stuffed with chicken salad. I even forgive the French for all their French-i-ness because of them!
My mother...who is a senior senior citizen!...has always collected dolls. She still has dolls all over her house...which is just a wee bit creepy sometimes. This one was mine when I was little...it's a Patty Play Pal and was basically the same size I was when I got. (my mother used to dress us-the doll and I- in matching outfits! Yes, thank you, my therapy sessions are going well!) She now sits at the top of the stairs and frankly, the entire family, sans my mother of course, find her just a little disturbing. The family joke is that no one will inherit her...the life-size doll will just show up at random times on a family members door-step - with that innocent yet somehow maniacal look on her face! Watch out!

And finally...
listen to these words of wisdom
for I have had family experience of that which I speak!
Just a word of warning
Kidney stones are bad!
Keep your loved ones far, far away from them!
Do NOT go anywhere near them!

No comments: