Thursday, March 15, 2012

Book Club

(just a note about the photo collage...two Christmases ago I photoed and framed collages of my Kiddies last names and gave them to 'em for gifts. It's lots of fun hunting for letters and makes me feel oh-so-creative! In case you're wondering...the "b" is from Disneyland-it's really an upside down "p"!-the "o"s are around my neighborhood, the "k" is from the zoo-it's a sideways railing- and the "s" is from my back porch...now onto the blog post...)

I belong to a Book Club. Now it's not one of those book clubs where everyone reads the same book and then meets up to diagnose the author, dissect each character and uncover layers of hidden meaning in each paragraph.
No...I suppose it would be more accurate to say that we're a Book LIST Club! We get together every couple of months and share books that we've read, that we want to read, that we love...and everyone goes home with ideas for new books to add to their ever-growing lists that time, somehow, never lets us whittle down!
So I thought I'd share just a few of the books that have been shared at Book List Club!
ENJOY!

 "Remembering Isaac" followed by "Discovering Isaac" and "Becoming Isaac"...all by Ben Behunin. The story of a potter and the village he moves to and his discovery of the importance of people and relationships. The books are sweet and charming and the artwork inside is lots of fun.




"Mistaken Identity" by Don and Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen and Whitney Cerak. You'll remember the story of the tragic accident and the mix up of two young students where only one girl survived. Two families could have turned a tragedy into a battle in court and the media...but didn't! This book will reconfirm your faith in the goodness and kindness of people.




And finally..."Stiff" by Mary Roach who is a terrific writer. Seriously funny book! Really! Even though it's about cadavers and decomposition it is hilarious! I also enjoyed another of her books..."Packing for Mars."

2 comments:

Shannon W. said...

I added your suggestions to my "to read" list. Looking forward to having a library again. Your kind of book club sounds great. Thanks for the good ideas.

Erin said...

Our book club consisted of talking about books for about 30 minutes then socializing for another almost 6 hours. We all stayed until 1 am last time. Our girls night in disguise. Bwa ha ha.