Saturday, October 01, 2011

Snippets

    Yes...I realize that it's been more than a week since I've posted anything on here.
    I try to post something every week, if I can...but today you're just getting some "snippets" of what's been going on!

* Grandson #3 made his entrance into the world! This little dude has been giving his family fits since June with all kinds of false alarms! Being the "on call" grandma, I got to take care of Grandsons #1 and #2 for a few days. #3 is a cutie...of course! My time, for the next little while, will be spent taking care of my baby...Daughter #1...and helping out her little family!

* It seems that "family events" come in bundles. My sister-in-law passed away yesterday, so Sweetie and I will not only be on Grandchild patrol but also funeral patrol. Life...and death...happen...and when it does, we just keep plugging along.

* On the lighter side...Sweetie and I went out to dinner this week and re-learned an important "truth". We went to a restaurant chain that's known for its burgers. Last time we went there, I ordered some chicken dish and was less than impressed, and Sweetie said "When you go to a burger place...order a burger!" So this week...I ordered the burger! YUM! Sweetie, unfortunately, ordered fish and chips...and said he should have followed his own advice! So...remember...it's wise to order what the place is famous for!

* You know those anti-theft "things" that are by the doors in most stores? Those alarms that beep if you walk through them and have some item that hasn't been properly "de-bugged"? I hate those things! I am always anxious when I walk through them...not that I've stolen anything...EVER!...but you never know when they'll beep at you! I had a magnetic key in my purse once and the alarm went off! Instant Guilt! One of them went off this week as I walked through because Mr. Clerkman hadn't de-magnetized my ink cartridge. I obediently stepped over to the customer service desk and the attitude I met?...They could not have cared less! What an inconvenience I was to actually turn around and try to rectify the situation! Most people don't bother to stop when the beepers go off...they just keep on walking...which seems fine with the store employees! Which makes me realize that these things are alot like car alarms...nobody pays any attention to them...they're just there to annoy people! Curse my obedient soul! I guess I need to "gangster-up" and learn to ignore them too!

1 comment:

Erin said...

And Evan taught me that if you touch the anti-theft "things" they go off too. :)

Yeah for grandson #3 making his entrance. So glad he's here. And so glad to have all of your help. :)