Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Virtual Guilt

    Many years ago, I had a dog. He was a great dog. His name was Zack. This is him... 
He was a kind and friendly fellow and he had THE BEST EARS for petting...soft and silky!
I miss him!
Someday, when I get my life back...I will get another dog.
One that's kind and friendly and has silky ears.
Until then, I have to do with virtual pets.
You know the ones...the "gadgets" that you put on your iGoggle homepage.
I've had penguins and turtles and fish.
This little guy is the one I currently have...
He's cute. He runs in his wheel. He drinks water from a bottle. He rubs his nose (which Grandsons #1 and #2 think is hilarious!) He even goes to sleep. When you click the mouse, a hamster pellet drops into his cage for him to eat.
And here's where my virtual guilt comes in...
I feel bad when I haven't "played" with him for awhile...he looks so sad when he's curled up, alone, in the corner...and I feel practically criminal when I haven't fed him!
Yes, yes...I know it's simply electrons. Maybe I keep hoping that if I take good care of him, he'll let me pet his soft, silky pixel ears!
I think I need a dog! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

:) What does Carr think about getting a dog?