Computers are supposed to make our life easier. The internet is supposed to connect us to one another and speed things up. Customer service is supposed to...well, serve customers! Apparently the response to all of the above is...NOT!
Last week we were supposed to be on a trip. Because of Pa's death, we had to cancel said trip. Now being the efficient, obsessive person that is called Ma...I had already put our mail and newspaper delivery on vacation hold. This was done from the comfort of my computer chair via the internet. Slick!
Well, when Pa died, we had to reschedule our trip and cancel all of the vacation holds for stuff. The newspaper was a piece of cake...no problem...papers kept showing up on my doorstep. The mail on the other hand? mmmm...not so much!
I got on-line and canceled the hold and figured that my mail would be delivered as normal. OK...those of you who are wiser than I can already see this coming. Monday...no mail. Tuesday...no mail. On and on...no mail! Tried calling the customer service number for vacation holds and what did they say..."Hold mail customer service is not working at this time!"
Now I am very hesitant about using the words "going postal" and "post office" at the same time...but seriously people. Don't the postal workers have access to the internet? I finally got in touch with the customer service people. They were very nice and could see the cancellation on the computer (fat lot of good that does me!) They even gave me a case number...and said they'd let me know in two business days where my mail is! They said I could go to the post office if I wanted to...well, heck yes! I want to!
So today I prepared for battle against the postal system! Of course, I picked one of the busiest mailing days of the year...Tax Day! I also had to contend with 4...count them...FOUR! power outages in my neighborhood today. I stood in line for 20 minutes and sweetly asked Mr. Postman..."Where's my mail?" I was calm...I was cool...I was polite!...and I was told it was out for delivery.
And this afternoon I'm a happy camper! I've got my new credit card. I've got the grocery ads from last week. I've even got my Netflix movie. Too bad it's not "You've Got Mail!"
February 5, 2025
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment