Tuesday, April 05, 2011

When I see a Buffalo fly

Seeing that I haven't done...and probably won't do...anything of major interest this week, I thought I'd photograph tonight's dinner...Buffalo Style Chicken!
This is one easy and delicious meal!
Yup...that's it! Just these simple ingredients...garlic powder, salt, oil, chicken AND... ...Buffalo Sauce! Have mercy! Mix it all together and marinate the chicken for 2-24 hours! How great is that! Throw it in the sauce as you're running out the door in the morning and it'll be ready to cook when you get home. Of course, you can't buffalo with celery and dressing. Since I'm a cheap-skate...I make "faux" bleu cheese dressing. About equal parts sour cream and ranch dressing...with just a skosh more ranch. And while you're getting stuff out of the fridge...cut up some celery too. After your allotted marinatin' time...cook up the chicken. I just cook mine in a fry pan. And turn on the fan, Myrtle! Cooking this stuff can make your lungs scream Aye Chihuahua!
Plate it up with your celery sticks and some rice (this is Daughter #1's rice concoction...pretty yummy!) Break out the faux dressing then indulge...your tummy will be happy!
Buffalo Style Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts OR 8 chicken tenders
(I prefer the tenders...more sauce on less chicken!)
1/3 cup buffalo sauce
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
Mix everything together and marinate for 2-24 hours. Cook chicken until done, turning the brown on all sides.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Sounds great. I'll have to try this next week. Glad you enjoy the rice. We LOVE that recipe.