Sweet Potato Fries!
Ahhh...yummy orange goodness!
Caramelized sweet root vegetable sugar!
Don't know...don't care...if they are better for you than french fries.
Don't know...don't care...about the vegetalogical debate whether it's Sweet Potato or Yam (I'm leaning strongly toward Sweet Potato...technically yams are the size of VW Beetles and grow in Africa!)
DO know...and DO care...these are deliciously yummy-for-your-tummy!
This is what you'll need...3-4 sweet potatoes (depends on if they're on steroids or not! sometimes they are HUGE), oil (olive or otherwise), 1 Tablespoon of House seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika and parchment paper...makes it easy to clean up!
Peel and slice them up...they are almost as hard as rocks so be careful when you cut them!
I usually make them a little smaller than regular fries
Sprinkle on enough oil to coat then add the House Seasoning and the paprika (Oh and Thank You Miz Paula Deen...her House Seasoning is simple and oh so good!). Stir it around to coat. The spoon in the pix is just for looks...I generally use Nature's Kitchen Tools...my hands!
Spread them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet...used my hands again here!...make sure they're in a single layer. Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes, moving them around several times, then let them sit for a few minutes before you eat them.
and here they are...in all their creamsicle orangeness and sweet potato drooly-yumminess!
Enjoy!
Paula Deen's House Seasoning...so simple it's sinful!
1 Tablespoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder...use it on almost everything!
1 comment:
Oh man, am I excited about these! Yum!
Post a Comment