Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cast your bread upon the waters...

Lucky you...two posts in one week! I had a "good thing" happen to me today and I just couldn't wait to share it. My doorbell rang this afternoon, and when I answered it, I saw Daughter #1 trying to sneak away in her car. Then I looked down on my front porch... For several years I have been making anonymous case lot drops to my kids...I guess it's really not so anonymous since they've all figured out who does it! They've all had their hard times...unemployment on multiple occasions, newlywed, university students... So I've cast the hard-earned "bread" that Sweetie has made onto their front porches. And now...it's come back to us! I've learned three things from this afternoon's experience... #1...our kids actually DO notice our good examples! #2...Daughter #1 is kind and thoughtful and loves to serve. She is, as Mirella says in Anne of Green Gables..."a bless-ed girl!"
and #3...Ecclesiastes 11:1 is right...to paraphrase "Cast thy bread upon the waters"...and it will come back as cookies!
Thank you!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That just shows that you did a good job as a mom!

Erin said...

Thanks! Glad it made you day.