OK...I admit it! I'm a sucker for old Stuff. But not just any old Stuff...it has to meet some vague, unwritten "coolness" quotient that I have. And most of the old Stuff I've gathered (or hoarded...demanding on your definition!) isn't the normal "Antiques Roadshow" kind of Stuff. I love old bottles and jars and I regularly check out the local thrift store for cool old glassware. Ohhh...and cool old books! And linens! And...well, I guess sometimes my Stuff collecting gets a little out of control.
Some of the things in the picture came from my grandmother's and mother's and mother-in-law's house, so it has some sentimental value (the green handled potato masher belonged to Sweetie's mom and it's a treasure to him!) So what do I do with all this cool, old Stuff from the past? Use it as I daily "pretend" that I'm living in the early 1900's? Naw! I make "vignettes" with them...decorative displays of...well...Stuff!
1 comment:
I love stuff like this too. It is so interesting to look at. :) Do you have lots of that pink glass? I LOVE that! I am going to use it in a wedding photo shoot for my website coming up.
Post a Comment