My broadband service went out this week, so I called customer service and listened to the variety of numbered buttons I could push for all sorts of dilemmas...and then just before I talked to an IT tech...I was given some "brilliant" advice, which got me thinking. We live in a highly technological society...we've got computer chips in TVs, fridges, DVD players, cars, thermostats, clocks, printers and even in computers! So with all this high-tech stuff going on - what is the most common solution to a high-tech problem? Call your local IT guy (who I swear have some kind of mind control over us...making us hit the restart button, make elephant noises and stand on our heads to make the computer work)...or check your handy-dandy instruction manual (translated into French, Spanish, German and Swahili) and the most common solution is...unplug the device, wait 30 seconds then plug it back in!!! Come on! We've sent men to the moon, we can email around the world at the touch of a button and extrapolate huge math problems in minutes...and that's the best we can do? Unplug it?! Eh...it works!
February 5, 2025
1 year ago
1 comment:
That is what I do to my computer all day long. It beats talking to someone on the phone from India too. :)
Post a Comment