Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bare-naked Revelations

no...No...NO! It's not what you think from first glance at the title.
...get your mind out of the gutter!...
This is a totally "G" rated blog post!

Sweetie and I have been cleaning up the yard for winter. The leaves have FINALLY all fallen off of the trees - they do this gradually over a two month time frame...just to show us who's the boss!

This morning we went out to rake up the last of the leaves and I looked up and what did I see??
Things I didn't know where there because they were covered up with leaves all summer long!
Now that the trees are "bare-naked" we saw...
an oriole nest...it's called a "hanging nest" because it's like a little baby bird hammock hanging from a tree limb instead of nestled between two branches!
And this fantastic paper wasp nest! The thing's as big as a football! Can't believe we didn't notice it before!

No comments: