Thursday, August 16, 2012

Fair Food

Today was the day!
I took Grandsons #1, #2 and #3 to the county fair!
I LOVE going to this fair! I love looking at the chickens. I love looking at the bunnies in the bunny barn! I love seeing all the vegetables that people grow...and the pictures that they paint...and the quilts that they make!
And our gustatory tradition is to find the stand that sells "elephant ears" and eat one! ("elephant ears" are HUMONGOUS slabs of fried bread dough slather with butter and cinnamon sugar!)
Grandson #2 was totally freaked out by the idea of eating an elephant's ear...so he got nachos
And of course we topped that all off with some sno-cones! (with color changing spoons!)
We started out the morning with sugary cereal and chocolate milk...ate our fill of Fair Food for lunch, then snacked on fruit snacks and chocolate milk this afternoon!
Oh...the joys of being a Gramma!
...hey...it wasn't a total sugar-fat-empty-calorie day!...they had pears for breakfast!

No comments: