A long, long time ago...
I felt the urge to create a yummy chicken dish.
I came up with Frustrated Chicken!
I'll explain the name in a sec. It's one of those "recipes" where I don't really measure anything, so bear with me.
Here are the main characters...chicken (boneless of course) eggs, cornflakes, flour, seasoned pepper, lemon pepper seasoning, butter and olive oil.Crush the cornflakes, add the two peppers and stir it around. I'm guessing it's about 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper and 3/4 tsp. seasoned pepper to a heaping cup of crushed cornflakes.
Here's where the "frustrating" part comes in. Take your chicken - I used tenders here, but I usually use chicken breasts - put it in some "salmonella protection" (plastic wrap) and pound it to a uniform thickness. The tenders don't take much but chicken breasts need the fat part of them beat pretty badly! When I first came up with this dish, I didn't have a handy-dandy mallet like this...so I simply cut off a mallet sized 2x4 and beat the living daylights out of the poultry...taking out all of my frustrations on the poor bird! Thus the name!
Prepare your dipping station...flour, beaten eggs and cornflake mix. Dip your pounded, flattened, frustration-released chicken in the flour, then the egg, then coat with cornflakes.
If you've done it right, your fingers should look all globbery like this!
Cook the coated chicken in a medium-high pan that you've melted some butter and olive oil in. I'd say 1 1/2 Tbsp. of each. Cook 3-6 minutes per side...depending how frustrated you've been and how thin the chicken is!
It should come out looking something like this. When I use chicken breasts, I make them alot flatter, so each piece is HUGE and practically covers a dinner plate! Since these are for our Pioneer Day picnic today, I'm going to serve them cold. (I usually make extra Frustrated Chicken because I think it's delicious the next day...cold - for lunch!)I've got a few dipping sauces - ranch dressing, BBQ sauce and a mustard dip - that Sweetie and the Kiddies can immerse their Frustrations in!
Here's the "kinda" recipe"
Frustrated Chicken
1 to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or tenders
1 to 1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
1 to 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
3/4 tsp. seasoned pepper
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
Place chicken between plastic wrap and pound to even thickness. Dip chicken in flour, beaten eggs, then seasoned cornflakes. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet and add chicken. Cook 3-6 minutes per side, depending on thickness of chicken. Serve warm or cold.
1 comment:
Mine never turns out as well as yours. You have perfected the art of a frustrated bird. :)
Post a Comment