Friday, February 19, 2010

PIE PIE...I Love PIE!

There are cake people. There are brownie people. There are ice cream people. Me? I'm a PIE people. Ask me what kind of birthday cake I want and the answer will be PIE! Daughter #4 feels the same way. She absolutely loves it when it's PIE month at Marie Callender's...and...if it's February...it's PIE month! Now, every couple of months Sweetie has some neighbors over for PIE night (it's a sweet way of Home Teaching!) I would normally run to our local MC's and pick up PIES but I have discovered a secret...a yummy, frozen secret... The Marie Callender's frozen PIES found at the grocery store are delicious!! They taste nothing like normal frozen "pies" (they don't even deserve capitalization!) We had a pumpkin one last year and it was every bit as good as my homemade one! They don't have as many varieties as they do at the restaurant...but...and here's where Daughter #4 will shriek with delight!...they do have razzleberry!...and banana cream for Sweetie! And on top of that...they're the same price as the PIE month offer in the restaurant...only $6.99!!

1 comment:

Megan D. said...

SWEET! Headed to the store right....(I don't even have time to finish my thought.) I LOVE PIE!