Sunday, February 14, 2010

Degrees of Communication

There’s a quote in the movie Sleepless in Seattle that I love. Becky (Rosie O’Donnell) is talking to her friend, Annie Reed (Meg Ryan) and says, “Verbal ability is a highly overrated thing in a guy, and it’s our pathetic need for it that gets us into so much trouble.” Oh yes, we women are communicators! We love to talk…and talk..and talk. I once heard someone say that men have a 5,000 word vocabulary and women have a 10,000 one. So when Sweetie gets home from work he’s already used up his whole vocabulary for the day and I’m only half-way through! But seriously…just how many ways do I NEED to communicate? I write on this blog…trying to get something on here every week or so. I write in my journal every single night!...even when I was on the plains of Wyoming sleeping on the ground with a bunch of teenagers and it was 6 degrees…I still wrote in my journal…by flashlight! I write an email to ALL of my kids every Sunday morning…where, if I have to say so myself (and I do because nobody else says it!)…I am quite erudite and witty! AND I publish a monthly newsletter with input from whatever family members decide to contribute…after lots and lots of nagging! I guess I’m just Yadda-yadda Needy!!

No comments: