Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sweet Foodie Heaven!

Sweetie had Friday off this week, so we had ourselves a little road trip...Foodie style! Our goal was a restaurant in Huntsville but we made another stop first. And oh, my sweet tooth and wallet are glad we did! We stopped at the Lofthouse Cookie Outlet Store. I've always loved their cookies...OK...not the cookies as much as the FROSTING!! Just scrape that stuff off and feed it to me through an IV! Never been to the outlet before...but oh...the deals! We got 7...SEVEN...boxes of cookies for $6! That's 75 cents a box! In the local grocery stores, you're usually paying $4-$5...a box!! Needless to say...we will be back! We hightailed it up Ogden Canyon...which I love! Love the narrowness of the canyon and the little cabin/homes that line the river. Drove up to Huntsville and had lunch at Texas Pride BBQ. Sweetie and I are always looking for good BBQ. Something to compare to what we've eaten in Texas (Rudy's) and Missouri (Smokehouse BBQ-the best beans in the world!, Bandanas and Arthur Bryants). We're still looking!
Texas Pride is a nice restaurant...they have chair-lifts for seats! The service was OK and the sauce was good. But it's a long drive for so-so Texas BBQ! If we're in the area, we'll go again but we won't make a special trip to eat there.
The cookie outlet on the other hand...well, let's just say that it's on "speed-drive"!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I too LOVE those Lofthouse cookies. One of my patients works there. I never knew about the factory store. Where in Ogden is it? I work this week. ;)

Erin said...

P.S. Someone mentioned that you can freeze the Lofthouse cookies and they turn out alright. Might be a good idea.