Sunday, September 15, 2013

Password Taboo

Just to make it clear...I'm talking about computer passwords NOT the game show with Allen Ludden (like any of you remember it!) or the board game in the purple box. There will be no dinging of bells if I say the wrong thing!
 
Last time I counted, I had over 75 passwords that I needed to remember. 75!! Plus, I need to remember my Aged Mother's passwords for all her emails, banks, utilities, etc. because she is totally unclear on the concept of user names and logins!  No wonder I can't sleep at night.
Now, granted, some of these passwords are repeats. I know...I know. Everything you read about avoiding computer hackers says to have complicated passwords with NO REPEATS. But seriously, folks, we're dealing with my poor little puny, not quite 3 pound, human brain here...not some robot brain! There's no way on this green earth that I could remember 75 different passwords...PLUS remember which password goes to which account!
So I admit...I use a few "standby" passwords...changing things up a little by throwing in a ! or a * or even a 0. I don't like using the "remember this password" option...because what if I CAN'T remember it when I really need it! As soon as I create or change a password...I write it down. I KNOW! Yet another hacker happy taboo broken! But there's nothing worse than trying to log into some website and being told "invalid password" because Sweetie has changed it and not told me!...Supreme Holder of All Passwords!
But I figure, if I didn't write it down, I wouldn't remember it and then I wouldn't be able to log into important stuff like...my comics page or order stuff from bath and body works!

No comments: